- Ambassador of Mexico in Italy
- Born in Toluca, State of Mexico (January 4, 1952).
- Graduated from Universidad Anahuac (Industrial Engineering). He earned a master's degree in economics from the University of Southern California.
- Director General of Industry (1988-1990) and Secretary of Economic Development (1994-1999) of the State of México. In the Federal Government, served as Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (2012-2015).
- Professor of macroeconomics, financial mathematics and differential calculus at the Autonomous University of the State of Mexico and writer of El Economista, as well.
- President (ex officio) of the Board of: National Water Commission, National Forestry Commission, National Institute of Ecology and Climate Change, National Commission of Natural Protected Areas, Mexican Institute of Water Technology and Climate Change Inter ministerial Commission (2012-2015)
- Ambassador of México in Italy (January 18, 2016). Concurrent Ambassador to Albania, Malta and San Marino.